Vincent Zepp's poem "Eleven Days of Perfection"

                                                                    © 2022 Vincent Zepp
                      



the weather was the warmest since 1947


seeing the rejuvenated blue of van gogh's slapkamer

my soul did a philippe petite from my mouth


my nap at zandvoort with a pillow of hashish took me

gate gate parasamgate beyond dreams


the chicken fall at akbars indian restaurant

an opened mouth kiss of fire


the tulips shared their very cunnus with me

you know what i mean


a spiritual photoshop


amsterdam vinny is a such a sweet guy

i love being with him

i cry when we say goodbye


last night i dreamed i ran into

my mom in amsterdam

she had a girlfriend

also named alvera

with young long black hair

dark flowers painted on the ends

my mom’s hair was short black with an impasto of gray


they seem happy and a bit

hip


i hugged her girlfriend thanking her for

taking care of mom

and being sentient enough to bring her here


we all agreed wed meet later on

in a coffeeshop


in my day dream im dating

drita davanzo

from the tv show

mob wives


i emailed gina yesterday just to

say i miss hearing from her


i don’t expect i will

not even in dreams


© 2022 Vincent Zepp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kevin Patrick Sullivan's poems "Camels" and "Surviving the 405 Long Beach Freeway and the Process to Cardiac Clearance"

Call For Submissions: Poetry, Essays, Fiction, and Art

Thursday, April 4, 2023: Two poems and artwork by Ann Tweedy